The Subaru Outback is one of the best vehicle models for those long trips and vacations with your family and loved ones.
They are just excellent for cruising along the road however long the trip to the destination is.
However, they may not always provide sufficient space that would accommodate all your luggage- and you wouldn’t want to leave anything behind.
That is why you can create additional space using a roof box that is specially designed for the Subaru Outback.
The best roof box for Subaru Outback should be amongst the few reviewed in this list, and you should get one that will provide you with an excellent experience.
This will cancel any worries when traveling and you will be much comfortable because your extra luggage will be carried along timelessly.
Top 5 Best Roof Boxes For Subaru Outback Reviews
1. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box (Black, 18 Cubic Feet)
The SportRack Vista XL is the best alternative to work with when you are shopping on a strict diet.
Its incredible design ensures that you get your money’s worth and that you enjoy the experience it offers for the whole time you use it.
What you get from this alternative is an easy to use roof box making your experience with it one to remember.
You will not need tools to mount it on top of your Subaru Outback or even when you need to remove it. It is designed to give you an easy time in either of these instances.
You also get a roof box that can be opened from the rear end so that you can access your luggage.
This is included to guarantee convenience when you have it on top of your Subaru Outback.
There is also a lock system that you can trust- a key lock that secures the contents in the roof box excellently.
You can trust the SportRack roof box to be a long-lasting investment that you will use for many of your trips.
This is because of its design that integrates an ABS construction that makes it hardy and thus durable- it can persevere even when exposed to the harshest of conditions.
The material is also easy to clean and it only takes soap and water to have it looking sparkling new.
- Easy installation
- Rear opening
- Aerodynamic design
- Not as spacious as you might need it to be
2. YAKIMA, SkyBox Aerodynamic Rooftop Cargo Box For Cars, Wagons, And SUVs
When it comes to aerodynamics, then there is no alternative to a roof box that beats the Yakima roof box. You will notice this with a single sneak peek at its design.
You will also fall in love with the sleek design that makes it the perfect match for your Subaru Outback.
Unlike other options, you get a roof box that is designed with practical features that ensure you get an experience to cherish.
For instance, there are lid stiffeners that not only work to make it easy to open but also ensure its durability.
You are also guaranteed the security of whatever you want to carry along when you go for a trip.
This is due to the inclusion of a super latch on its design. For an easy time accessing your luggage, the roof box can be open in a dual manner hence providing you with the convenience you need.
You can also get to work easily when operating this roof box. There will be no need for tools neither when mounting it nor when you want it removed from the roof of your Subaru Outback.
This roof box also comes along as a spacious alternative for your extra gear especially when you want to carry several skis, snowboards, and other items.
They will all be accommodated comfortably.
- Aerodynamic design
- Easy to use
- Dual opening system
- Quite costly
3. Goplus Cargo Box, Waterproof Rooftop Cargo Carrier Heavy Duty Roof Storage Box, 14 Cubic Feet (Black)
The Goplus Cargo Box is undoubtedly the most stylish way you can along with extra luggage when you are going to the beach, camping, or even hiking.
Plus, it complements the attractive look of the vehicle thanks to its design.
You can count on its robust design to ensure that your luggage is secure regardless of the outdoor elements that it is exposed to.
This will have you driving while confident of what you carry in the roof box.
The ABS material used to manufacture this roof box also works to ensure that you can use the box for a significant time while it remains reliable for use all through.
The installation work of this roof box is also quite easy considering that you only have to work a couple of anchors and you are good to go.
There is also an inclusion of a super latch that works to keep the contents securely locked for the entire trip. The lid is also secured to its base effectively.
For what you spend on this roof box, it is not surprising the range of items that you can carry in it.
They will also be carried much comfortably and won’t risk getting damaged.
- Sleek design
- Aerodynamic nature
- The high-quality material used in its manufacture
- Easy installation work
- Designed to be weatherproof
- It may not fit in all types of vehicles
4. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box, X-Large
When it comes to providing seamless amounts of space, the Thule Force XT is the best to go with.
Its ability to use the space inside it sparingly is unmatched and worth trying out if you carry a lot of loads when going for a trip.
This is thanks to its longer design that rests perfectly on top of the Subaru Outback.
The space on this roof box is enough to carry along skis and snowboards without damaging them.
You can carry up to 5 snowboards and they will fit comfortably. Therefore, when you are going snowboarding, you have an alternative that will ensure there is no need to leave your snowboard at home.
When shopping for a roof box, you want to go for one that is designed with safety features.
You wouldn’t want to deal with the nightmare of picking up the contents of the roof box after they come falling from the top of the vehicle.
In this case, there is a safety lock that will ensure the safety of the contents for the whole trip.
The mounting work of this roof box is easy to get around with and does not get as confusing as it is in other types.
You won’t even have to use a toolbox when mounting this roof box. There is also a security feature that indicates that the box has been safely mounted and you can start your trip.
You also get an option that makes it much simple for you to access the load that is in the roof box. You can access it from either side of the vehicle.
- Easy to mount on top of your Subaru Outback
- A lock system you can trust
- Easy to work with
5. JEGS 90097 Rooftop Cargo Carrier Capacity: 9 cu. ft, 100 lb. Carrying Capacity
The JEGS 90097 Rooftop Cargo Carrier can carry up to 9 cubic feet of weight. This means that you can carry just enough of your additional luggage in this option.
You should also be confident of the safety of your luggage because they will not be tampered with when on the roof of the vehicle.
The structure of this roof box ensures that your luggage is carried along safely. Even when it is knocked with a heavy object, your luggage will not be tampered with in any way.
Another thing is that you have an easy time working with this roof box since you won’t have to use tools while dealing with it.
It can also be opened from either side so that you can access the load flexibly- without going all the way to the other side.
There is also a lock system that you can trust to ensure that your luggage is safe. This works especially when you have to drive along a bumpy road.
- Spacious roof box
- Easy to mount on top of your Subaru Outback
- Secure lock system
- You can access your luggage from either side of the vehicle
- Not designed with aerodynamics in mind
Best Cargo Carrier For Subaru Outback Buying Guide
Shopping from the numerous alternatives of roof boxes for your Subaru Outback can be sort of challenging.
This is especially if you don’t know which main features to be keen on. The following factors should help you settle for a practical brand of a roof box.
- Size of the roof box: You want a roof box that is both large to accommodate your additional luggage and also one that fits perfectly over your Subaru outback.
- Secure nature of the roof box: You want to make sure that the option you go for has a lock system that you can trust. Some of them are designed with high-quality latches that will deliver at this front.
- The durability of the brand you go for: This can be noticed on the material used to make the roof box. Since it is going to be used outdoor, the conditions might get harsh and that is why you want an option that can beat the elements and be long-lasting.
- Work needed in attaching the box: The best brands are easy to work with and don’t need much effort when attaching the box to the Subaru Outback.
- Accessibility of the contents of the roof box: You want to make sure that you can access what you carry in the roof box flexibly and some brands are designed to cater to this.
- The nature of the storage space should also offer a means for you to carry almost any type of luggage that you are traveling with.
- Factors such as whether it is waterproof or not will ensure the safety of whatever you carry in the roof box.
- Design of the roof box: You want a roof box that will not interfere with the driving of your Subaru Outback. Some are aerodynamically designed so that they do not slow down the vehicle in any way.
- Weight of the roof box: So that you have a comfortable driving experience in your Subaru Outback, you should get a roof box that is light and won’t interfere with the movement of the car in any way.
Because there are numerous options of roof boxes that you can get for your Subaru Outback, this article has your back.
Moreover, the market is filled with misguided information and bluffs that will be confusing to buy a roof box that is not practical for use.
It will lead you to settle for one of the best which will provide you with an experience that you will cherish whenever you use the roof box.