Having a windshield in poor condition while driving is a risky thing that would put you and whoever is in the car while driving at harm’s way.
This is because some damages on the windshield affect the visibility and hence the driver might not be able to see the driving path well.
Such type of driver is likely to collide with an obstacle or other motorists on the road.
How much does it cost to replace a windshield? The cost of replacing a windshield lies in between the range of $210 and $230.
However, for the luxurious types of cars, this service would even be charged at $1500.
The price charged here depends on a number of factors such as the type of car involved, the sensors and wipers and the extent and nature of the damage on the car’s windshield.
There are also high chances that you will have a collision with the authorities who may opt to give you a ticket because of your damaged windshield.
This is why you will need to repair or replace your windshield, either the front or the rear windshield, soon.
You can get it paid for by your insurance cover or just pay for it on your own.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
New Windshield Replacement Cost: What’s Included And What Affects the Cost?
As seen above, there are a number of factors that are considered in the cost of the windshield replacement price.
For one, the type of car is a major factor that determines the price you will have to pay for a windshield replacement service.
For cars such as the Benz and Lexus, the luxurious ones, the price will be quite higher than ordinary and simple cars.
This is because they use a windshield type that is specific and probably needs more effort to put in place.
With the luxury cars, like Mazda for instance, have numerous sensors and even complex wipers that need to be installed too.
This will take more time and effort compared to the replacement process of an ordinary car windshield.
Another factor that affects the cost of getting a good and clear windshield on your car is the extent of the damage as well as the location.
When it is the front windshield that is damaged, you will have to pay more than if it was the rear windshield.
This is because for the rear windshield there are no additional tasks of the wipers assembly and all.
The extent of the damage comes into play because it would be advisable to simply go for a repair instead of a full replacement in some cases.
Some damages can be remedied by a simple repair task which might not be that costly as in the case of a full replacement.
The type of glass used to manufacture the windshield is another factor that determines the cost of the windshield replacement services.
Some glasses used in the manufacture of specific windshields are difficult to handle and hence the labor charged will be on the higher side.
Average Windshield Replacement Cost By Vehicle Type
The windshield replacement service would be charged different prices depending on the type of vehicle you have.
The price for the most common vehicles is as below:
- Passenger Vehicle windshield replacement ranges from $157 to $324.
- Sports Utility Vehicle windshield replacement ranges from $164 to $290.
- Pickup Truck windshield replacement ranges from $164 to $310.
- Minivan windshield replacement ranges from $174 to $294.
Popular Car Brands Of Windshield Replacement Cost
The cost of replacing a car windshield varies from one car brand to another.
This is because not all windshields are same. There are some that have more advanced features than others.
The cost of windshield replacement for some of the models are as follows:
For this mode of Toyota, you get to choose from six different windshield replacement options.
These options vary in price because the level of labor that needs to get each fully and well installed varies from one to another.
You should go for an ideal and fitting replacement as this will ensure it is effective and also that you have a safe driving time.
The quotes are as follows:
- 2015 Toyota highlander will be charged at $346.28.
- 2008 Toyota highlander will be charged at $412.18.
- 2012 Toyota highlander will be charged at $412.18.
- 2002 Toyota highlander will be charged at $320.86.
- 2010 Toyota highlander will be charged at $412.17.
This is a sporty type of Toyota model that suits young drivers. Its windshield repair service will range from $290 to $310.
This is another stylish model from Toyota. This is just like any other car which needs the windshield to be in good condition for a safe driving experience.
The price differences are as stated below:
- 1996 Toyota Paseo windshield replacement would be charged at $364.21.
- 1993 Toyota Paseo windshield replacement would be charged at $95.00.
- 1996 Toyota Paseo windshield replacement would be charged at $304.00.
The Toyota Prius has seven varying windshield replacement options. The one you have will dictate which is the best option of windshield replacement you should go for.
The different windshield replacement options vary in price from one to another:
- 2010 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $296.54.
- 2015 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $296.54.
- 2016 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $377.90.
- 2006 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $316.92.
- 2011 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $296.54.
- 2006 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $312.35.
- 2013 Toyota Prius windshield replacement is at $280.00.
The Toyota pickup windshield replacement will cost you the following prices:
- 1992 Toyota pickup windshield replacement will be charged at $256.00.
- 1991 Toyota pickup windshield replacement will be charged at $343.71.
- 1994 Toyota pickup windshield replacement will be charged at $293.74.
- 1986 Toyota pickup windshield replacement will be charged at $355.26.
- 1995 Toyota pickup windshield replacement will be charged at $295.03.
This type of Honda model comes along with four windshield replacement options.
They come along with two front and one rear windshield wiper. It also has four windows which are all power windows.
On average a new windshield replacement would cost you $384.95, which includes labor and moulding costs.
You can get a quote on the price of a windshield repair for any model and year of manufacture of this Honda model from the company’s quote form.
The common makes include:
- 2010 Honda Insight which will cost you $316.59.
- 2011 Honda Insight which will cost you $345.50.
- 2013 Honda Insight which will cost you $343.40.
- 2003 Honda Insight which will cost you $316.13.
There are numerous windshield replacement options for this type of Honda model and they depend on the style odyssey one owns.
The price of windshield replacement here falls in between $270 and $320.
Mazda is a car company based in Japan and is usually a luxury car. You can notice this from its features which are quite luxurious and designed the modern and sleek way.
The following is a summary of the cost of windshield replacement for the Mazda models.
You will realize that some models and Mazda cars manufactured in certain years would have a costlier price tag on the windshield replacement service.
- 2016 Mazda CX-5 windshield replacement would cost you $401.13.
- 2016 Mazda 3 windshield replacement would cost you $281.28.
- 2008 Mazda 6 windshield replacement would cost you $299.29.
- 2014 Mazda 3 windshield replacement would cost you $333.05.
- 2002 Mazda Protege windshield replacement would cost you $302.55.
The Cadillac is another luxurious car and has some models that have more advanced types of windshields.
Replacing this type of windshield requires an expert who is experienced in dealing with such windshields and hence you will be charged more for this service than in the case of another model.
The various options of windshield replacement in the case of Cadillac cars vary.
Therefore, the price charged would be different when compared from one model to the next.
You should go for an option that fits your cars needs and which will ensure you have an awesome experience when driving your car around.
Different Cadillac models would have different number of windshield replacement options, while some may have just two others may have up to four windshield replacement options.
The current quotes for the windshield replacement service for the common Cadillac models are as follows:
- 2008 Cadillac Escalade windshield replacement would cost $288.65.
- 2004 Cadillac CTS windshield replacement would cost $312.83.
- 2009 Cadillac CTS windshield replacement would cost $454.36.
- 2012 Cadillac CTS windshield replacement would cost $321.82.
- 2006 Cadillac CTS windshield replacement would cost $300.00.
Ford is another brand of car that has built a reputation manufacturing some of the best brands of cars over the years.
Most of its cars are luxurious cars and some have windshields that have sensors that make the windshield wipers turn on automatically when it starts to rain or even snow.
Such types of windshields are different and certainly of higher quality than in the case of an ordinary car.
For such types of cars, repairing a damaged windscreen will not help that much as the sensors will not be able to work that well or effectively. It is recommended that you just get it replaced.
You will also realize that replacing the rear windshield will cost quite more than replacing the front windshield in this type of car:
- 2000 Ford Excursion windshield replacement would cost $300.10.
- 1998 Ford E-150 Econoline windshield replacement would cost $289.33.
- 2005 Ford Taurus windshield replacement would cost $305.00.
- 2006 Ford Five Hundred windshield replacement would cost $274.40.
- 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trace windshield replacement would cost $278.82.
You would not mention luxury car brands and fail to mention any model of the BMW.
This particular luxurious and sleek car has a variety of windshield repair options which varies from one model to the next.
The most common ones are highlighted below:
- 2007 BMW 328i windshield replacement costs $336.68.
- 2004 BMW 745i windshield replacement costs $436.40.
- 2000 BMW 323i windshield replacement costs $321.25.
- 2009 BMW 528i windshield replacement costs $342.46.
- 2007 BMW 750i windshield replacement costs $362.32.
Just like any other luxury car in this list, the Audi windshield replacement would cost quite a fortune.
The good thing is these are advanced types of windshields and have more to offer than the ordinary ones.
They may be long lasting and also have some additional features such as sensors which enable it work automatically when it detects either rain or snow falling.
Some of the models and the cost of windshield replacement charged are as follows:
- 2015 Q5 windshield replacement would cost $375.03.
- 2018 Q5 windshield replacement would cost $629.55.
- 2011 Q5 windshield replacement would cost $375.03.
- 2017 Q5 windshield replacement would cost $375.03.
- 2012 Q5 windshield replacement would cost $350.28.
This is a brand that is well-renowned for its hardy off-road vehicles.
The parts of this type of vehicle have to be tough so as to sustain the conditions that come with an off-road terrain.
If you want to use your jeep mostly for off-road adventure, then you should get a windshield that would be able to persevere through such conditions.
Some of the Jeep models and their windshield replacement costs are highlighted below:
- 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee windshield repair would cost $282.86.
- 2014 Jeep Patriot windshield repair would cost $285.73.
- 2019 Jeep Cherokee windshield repair would cost $741.08.
- 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee windshield repair would cost $371.97.
- 2012 Jeep Patriot windshield repair would cost $285.73.
Repairing Your Chipped Windshield Price: If You Won’t Have To Replace Your Windshield
If you opt to repair your windshield, you will have to pay prices between $20 and $325.
The type of repair depends on a number of factors such as the type or brand of windshield to be repaired and the extent of the damage on the windshield.
If your windshield gets damaged when you are driving or through an accident, it is advisable to replace it as soon as possible so that you are able to drive safely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now you know the average price of replacing a windshield and each famous car maker’s replacement cost.
You will now read below the questions most people ask regarding the main topic you read above. I highly suggest you continue reading!
Q1: Can I Replace A Windshield With Insurance?
Yes, you can have your damaged windshield replaced with your car’s insurance. Not many people are aware of the fact that their windshield is covered by their insurance policies.
The insurance company you are associated needs to receive a claim needs on the same then your service provider would will take care of the rest.
Q1-1: Does AAA Replace Windshields For Free?
Yes, the windshield replacement service is offered for free at AAA. You just have to adjust your membership card before enjoying this free service.
However, this would be the case for the first windshield repair, extra repairs would be charged at half the regular price.
This service would be executed and completed within the least time possible and you will be able to get back to driving your car on the same day.
Each membership year is entailed a single windshield repair and any other beyond that will be charged at a 50% discount of the regular fee.
Q2: Is Safelite Expensive To Replace A New Windshield?
Yes, Safelite will charge you a costly amount for replacing of your car windshield.
It also has received a number of negative reviews and hence is not the best service provider you can go for.
Q2-1: How Long Does Safelite Take To Replace A Windshield?
The windshield replacement service by Safelite would not take more than 30 minutes.
This is because this is a brand that prioritizes their clients and would not want to keep them waiting for long hours for a simple service like this.
You will have to wait for one more hour before you start driving your car safely.
Q3: What States Will Replace My Windshield For Free?
The states of America that have free windshield replacement services are Florida, Kentucky and South Carolina.
This is done through their waiving of the car insurance deductible for windshield repair and replacement.
Therefore, this can be regarded as them charging nothing for the windshield replacement service.
Q4: Can I Replace A Windshield On My Own?
Yes, you can. Replacing a car’s windshield is an easy task that you can accomplish with just a few steps.
Even though the types of windshields vary from one car model to another the removal and installation process is quite alike.
With a comprehensive manual you will be able to get this task done by being keen on the steps to be followed.
Replacing your car’s windshield on your own is a simple task that will enable you save money and also get to know your car better.
You also get to selects a type of windshield that will suit you better.
Getting a technician for this task might cost you money, which you will otherwise save if you get the task done by yourself.
The windshield is one delicate part of the car as it is what determines the drivers vision of their driving path.
One may get damaged when hit by a heavy object or after a slight accident such that the driver or other passengers in the car would not be able to have a clear view of the outside.
You should choose to either go for a windshield replacement service or just get it repaired. This will depend on the extent of the damage on the windshield.
Some damages are quite small and would only need a repair service while some are so extreme that the only thing that would work is a complete replacement.
You can get your windshield replaced by paying for it with cash or simply filing a claim with your insurance provider.
1. Glass America – https://www.glassusa.com/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-replace-a-windshield-without-insurance/
2. CarsDirect – https://www.carsdirect.com/car-repair/windshield-repair-quote-average-prices-on-common-repairs